Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Weekend

What a beautiful weekend to celebrate Mother's Day!

Early in the day on Saturday my mother-in-law dropped of a gift for me, so I was explaining to Clae about Mother's Day and I asked him if he got me anything. He said very confidently, "yah, Daddy and I went!" I could tell by the deer-in-the-heatlights look on Daddy's face that they had NOT gone anywhere to get my anything.

Later in the evening he put the kids in the car and they made a last minute trip to the store. When they got home, before Clae even got out of the car, he was yelling, "WE GOT A PRESENT FOR YOU, IT'S CANDLES!" I could hear Kirby saying, "shhhh." I was cracking up!

They got me candles, balloons, and a card. What they don't know is that he best part of the present was the time I had to myself while they were gone! shhh, don't tell!


We tried REALLY hard to get a picture of me with the kids, this is not and easy task. This is the best we could come up with.

We had a really nice church service Sunday morning, went home for naps, and spent the evening with my family at my sister's house.

Me, my mom, and Lydia


Me and my mom


Me, my mom and my sister


We were taking pictures and I jokingly said to my mom, "get a picture of me doing all of the work!" My sister isn't big into cooking and my mom was voluntarily taking the night off because it was mother's day.

My sister said, "sorry I'm making you do all of the work, but you're used to it." Brother! Once the little sister, always the little sister!


We cooked hot dogs over the fire and made s'mores. Yum!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day. Love the pictures.