Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend Fun

The weekend started out with Lydia's 3rd Birthday party on Friday night, but I'll do a separate post for that.

Saturday morning we had a t-ball game that we thought started at 10:00 but acutally started at 11:00.  We didn't figure this out until AFTER we had driven to Bonaparte.  We ended up turning around and going back home and skipping the game so we could make to to our next activity at noon.  We asked Clae if it was ok with him to skip the game.  He said "that's fine, I don't want to play my games ALL the days."  I think he's getting kind of ready for t-ball to be over.

Every year we get together on Memorial weekend to celebrate Kirby's Grandma Brown's birthday, which happens to be the same day as Lydia's.  This year was 91 for her, there were well over 100 people there this year, all her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  Pretty impressive.  This is the only picture I managed to get.  Clae and Lydia and two of their cousins.

Saturday night I had my FIFTEEN year class reunion.  Wow, I feel old.  My sister had her 10 year, it wasn't a special year for my mom, she just never misses an opportunity to socialize!  And it was my dad's 40 year, but I guess we didn't get a picture of him.

Me and one of my classmates and good friends, Val.

All TEN of us who showed up to the reunion.  Woo Hoo!  We had a much bigger crowd at our ten year and hopefully we'll have more people show up to our twenty year.
 The only four girls that were there.

Sunday we went to my cousin Chirstopher's graduation.  We stopped at the automatic car wash on the way.  The kids do NOT care for the automatic car wash!


We also ended up making an unscheduled trip to the PICU at the University Hospital in Iowa City.  Kirby's cousin and his family were here for the weekend from Missouri.  They have a four month old baby who had fallen out of her baby seat and hit her head earlier in the week.  She seemed totally fine on Saturday other than a bump on her head, but by Saturday night she started vomiting so they took her to the ER and ended up taking her to Iowa City by aircare because she had fractured her skull.  Very scary, but she is doing very well and is going to get to go home soon.

This was supposed to be in Lydia's birthday post but it ended up in here.  Sibling love!

Monday we went fishing at Grandpa Cass' pond.





And then ate hot dogs at the timber spot.

Clae wanted me to take this picture and he did this cute little pose.


He got tired after lunch and had to take a little rest.

After lunch we swam in our pool and ate ice cream.

We went to my parents later in the evening for cake and ice cream, pictures of that will be in the next post.

This is what my kitchen looked like by the end of the weekend.  And that's just the kitchen, the rest of the house is about as bad.

No comments: