Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lydia's 3rd Birthday

My baby girl turned three on Monday.  THREE YEARS OLD!  It seems like yesterday that she was born.


We had Kirby's family over to celebrate on Friday night.  We did a zebra theme this year.  I made the cupcakes and got this dress at Hobby Lobby.  I added the pink bow to it using fabric tape.  I didn't take in to account the fact that the ribbon would not stretch, so we couldn't get the dress on her.  We ended up cutting the ribbon on the sides but still had to struggle to get the thing on her.  Add that to the fact that she really didn't want to wear the dress in the first place and she was just plain mad by the time we got it on.  Needless to say, a mad, crying, clinging little girl doesn't make for the best pictures.  This is the only decent one we ended up with on Friday night.  She did get in a better mood later, after we let her put shorts on, but I was so stressed by then that I didn't even think to get the camera out.  She got a bike from Grandma and Grandpa Cass which she can ride like a champ.  I didn't get a picture of it but I'll get one before the summer is over.

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with her!!!



Monday morning on her actual birthday.  I got this little tote for her from a Thirty one party I went to.  It's so handy, we've used it a ton already.

 Princess Band-aids
 Trident bubble gum. She's easy to please!
 The traditional cinnamon rolls.



We celebrated with my family on Monday evening.  She's a much happier girl when we let her wear what she wants to wear.





She had a great birthday.  Daddy was home with us all day, which is a rare treat, and had a lot of fun celebrating with friends and family.

No comments: