Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

For some reason I took very few pictures over the weekend. I may be able to come up with one or two, but I'm mainly just going to ramble...

Friday:
I don't usually babysit on Friday's but I had Alyson all day.

5:30 pm
We celebrated Evan's FIFTH birthday, still can't believe he's five.

9:00 pm
Kirby had his first softball game of the weekend.

10:45 pm
Tucked the kids into bed...didn't hear a peep out of them (I can't imagine why)
Kirby stayed at the ball field because he had another game at midnight and another at 2 am.

Saturday:
9:30 am
Kirby took the kids to town to ride with him in the fire truck in the parade.

10:30 am
I went to watch the parade it was SO hot and both of the kids cheeks were bright red and they were so sweaty as they drove by me!






11:30 am
had a quick bit to eat, my mom took the kids to her house to nap so I could watch two of Kirby's games in the afternoon.

12:30 pm
I went home and put on a tank top because I was too hot in the outfit I was in.

1:30 pm
Went to the ball field. It rained and dropped about 20 degrees and I froze in my tank top.


2:00 pm

Kirby's team won a ball game


3:00 PM

Kirby's team lost a ball game

4:00 pm
came home and took a shower to wash the mud off of my legs and feet from standing in the dirt while it was raining.

5:00 pm
went to mom and dad's for a family gathering with my dad's side of the family. My aunt and uncle were in town, we had a nice visit with everyone.

8:30 pm
got home, Kirby had games at 9:00 and midnight.

9:00 pm

Kirby's team won a ball game.


Midnight:

Kirby's team lost a ball game.


1:30 am
Kirby got home from his last game. I was still up reading Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers. I had read Her Mother's Hope the week before and had to run to the library and get the sequel right away. I LOVED both of these books, the first one a little bit better than the second. I got nothing else done during the two weeks I was reading them. I was so glad to finally be finished with them so I could move on with my life!

Sunday:
10:30
Church in the park.

12:30
Lunch and naps

4:00
Left for Old Thresher's in Mt. Pleasant to ride the train, see the tractors, and the animals.

The kids had a lot of fun. We went a little bit late and it was getting dark so we missed some of the things we could have seen, but we had a good time.

9:30
Home and in bed.

Monday
Wonderful that Kirby had the day off. He took the kids all day so I could clean the house. I got SO much done, the weather was perfect, it was a very productive, enjoyable day.

No comments: