Monday, September 19, 2011

Checking In

I haven't taken the time to blog for the past couple of weeks, mainly because our life has been a bit abnormal. Last week we "moved in" with Kirby's parent's so Kirby can get our house DONE!

We have lived in an unfinished house since we've been married. I won't say how long we've been married, but many of you came to our wedding so you can try to do the math if you want. Anyway, we moved in right after our wedding, thinking that we would work on our house little by little, which we did, but it was a lot slower process than we thought it would be, then we had a kid...then another kid...and life just...happened. Resulting in living in an unfinished house. Some days it about drove me to the edge, but most days I didn't really mind it much.

I don't really know what pushed us to our breaking point, but we decided late in the summer that Kirby would take a few weeks off and hire his dad and brother to help him and they would just get the thing done.

Last week they painted, hung trim and crown moliding, and starting installing the fireplace mantle. This week, more painting, and building the staircase railing (so we can go up to the loft without risking our lives). By the time we are done we will have carpet in the loft, all of the trim hung, window blings installed, a spare room/tv area in the loft. Right now the kids share a room on the main level, but if we have another baby someday we will have to move the big kids to the loft so the baby can have the room they are in now...someday.

I've been busy decluttering, getting stuff ready for a garage sale I'm going to have in few weeks, helping Kirby in any way I can (mainly keeping the kids out of his hair), trying to keep up with preschool activities, and maybe starting to potty train a little girl in the very near future.

Never a dull moment, but we are SO hoping that once our house is done a big burden will be lifted and we will be able to enjoy our life more and not have that daunting project hanging over our heads.

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Hiles, I never thought of you as one to have "window bling" but I guess I underestimated you! =)

Sounds like a lot of work, but it also sounds like it will be amazing when it's doine!

Aunt M said...

I'm happy that you're getting your house done! I've never lived in a "finished house", Hayley and I know you haven't been married as long as we have! Count your blessings!

lesa said...

I agree with Kiley...(aka Kiles :) I can't wait to see your window bling! ;) Hope all the work goes well and quickly!