Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trick or Treat Pictures

These are the best pictures I could come up with of the kids' trick or treat costumes. They are not very good, but I was having a hard time getting either one of them to sit still and Lydia was just plain MAD about that bonnet.

They're supposed to be little pioneer kids. Clae is not supposed to be Daniel Boone or Davey Crockett or anybody like that, I just wanted to dress Lydia up in her dress and bonnet and wanted his outfit to go along with her's. I threw his outfit together from what we already had and that's what I came up with.

Kirby's aunt Karyl made the dress for Lydia. She told me a while ago she was going to make her a dress but I had no idea what it was going to look like. We came home from church one Sunday and it was waiting for us at home. It is the sweetest dress and the pictures don't do it justice. A lot of work went into making it, Karyl is an amazing seamstress. The bonnet came from The Dutchman Store, it's a store near here that specializes in bulk candies, baking goods, spices, and fabric, etc. We go there often and one time when I was there I had seen this bonnet, I tried it on Lydia and thought it was so cute but at the time had no reason to buy it. So, when I got the dress from Karyl I knew I had to get the bonnet. SO that is the story behind Lydia's costume.

For Clae's costume I just wanted him to look like a little pioneer boy to go along with Lydia. I had almost everything already, except for the suspenders which I got at the Dutchman Store also. Larry had gotten him the coonskin hat one time when they were on a trip. And the rest was just clothes I had in his closet.

It's really funny how much effort I put into dressing them up and figuring out their costumes because we went trick our treating at about three houses. I guess it's just fun to look back on the pictures in later years and see what they were dressed up as.



2 comments:

Melissa said...

I finally get to see the dress! They both look adorable!

Kiley said...

They are SO CUTE!!!