Thursday, September 16, 2010

Updates

It has been brought to my attention that people are tired of seeing the pictures of the log home everytime they check our blog. I apologize that I have not kept up with posting very well the past few months. It is my goal to do a better job of keeping my posts current.

So an update of our summer (in reverse order)...

Labor Day weekend we had our annual BBQ Days here is Stockport. Clae and Kirby drove the fire department's Gator in the parade. This was the highlight of Clae's weekend since he is in love with ALL machinary.

We had our Brown family reunion, with around 115 people in attendance, all direct descendants of Kirby's Grandma and Grandpa Brown. Grandma Ruth, the matriarch of the family, is 89 years old.

It was a busy, fun weekend spending time with family.

In August:

We spent a weekend at Kirby's parents cabins. It was an enjoyable weekend and the only "vacation" we took all summer. I'm finally realizing that we are just going to have to be a winter vacation family. Summer vacations are just not possible with my husband in the line of work he is in.

In July:

We had Vacation Bible School at our church. There was a class for Clae's age so he and I went every night and had a great time. The memory verse for the week was 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." Clae memorized the WHOLE thing. I was so proud of him. I actually didn't think he was getting it at all. Then one night at dinner he said "in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in FURITY" just out of the blue. So we started working on it with him some and realized that he knew the whole thing and the reference.

I babysat for two kids from our church for a week. After having four, two sure seems a lot easier

In June...
Lydia started walking, and walking, and walking....I think walking is her favorite activity. It's pretty much what she does for entertainment all day long. She is so much fun, she has an independent side that her brother does not have and she is FEARLESS. She will climb on, in, around anything she can find. We are fortunate we haven't had any major injuries with all the things she has tried.

And I think that pretty much takes us back to my last post. Kirby has had a very busy summer with work and the kids and I have just enjoyed the summer, spending as much time outside as Possible.

I don't have a lot of pictures to post. I've been taking a lot more video than still pictures mainly because the kids NEVER sit still anymore so it's much easier just to take video and get all the action. So, this is about the only way I can get a picture of them sitting still...







And this is the most recent picture I have of them together...

1 comment:

Kiley said...

Yay Hiles!!! O'sanks! I lof this whole post! =)