Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breaking Free



Our women's small group has just started doing the Bible study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. I am SO excited about this. I did this study NINE years ago as a 22 year old senior in college. I can't believe nine years have passed since that time in my life, it seems like yesterday. It has been so interesting to reflect on how much things have changed since then, not only in my life circumstances, but in my heart. I have learned so much since that time and am so excited to see what God does in my life through doing this study again. It's a 10 week study and has just been updated for it's 10 year anniversary. All of the study material is the same, it's just the dvd series that has been changed. If you're looking for a study to do with a group of women this is a great one.

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Free-Journey-Beth-Moore/dp/1415868026/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284927267&sr=8-2

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners," Isaiah 61:1

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

1 comment:

Kiley said...

Oh, that's very cool! That was one of my very favorite Bible studies ever, and it would be really neat to do it again. Hmmm...maybe I'll see if I can round up a group here for after V-ball season!