Friday, August 7, 2009

Play Group

My friend Amy and I are attempting to start a play group. We had our first one yesterday. It was quite eye opening for me. Clae has never been around many kids younger than he is or many girls, he mainly just plays with his cousins (who are boys) and kids in the nursery who are mostly older than he is. So, our first experience being around younger kids and girls was...interesting. Audra, Amy's daugher, is a few months younger than Clae. I think he liked having someone so close to his size because he just wanted to hug her and kiss her, and hug her and kiss her, she however was not so interested in all the affection. He was pretty much a wild man the whole time and I was worn out by the time we got home. That put an end to mom's illusion that he's a perfect angel, which is part of the purpose of play group, for my kids to learn how to interact with other kids. So, it was quite a learning experience. I hope they let us come back next time!

1 comment:

Kiley said...

Thanks for the pics and posts, Hiles! I lof the pics and the fun stories! =)