Friday, November 18, 2011

Weeds

My children are growing like...WEEDS! It's like I can literally almost watch them growing. They go to bed and their clothes fit and they wake up and they don't fit anymore. (A little bit of an exaggeration but not much).

My little mama's boy is getting so much more independent everyday. On one hand it's a relief, but on the other it's kind of sad. I realized the other day he isn't going to be my baby for much longer. He's almost FOUR, that doesn't even seem possible. Pretty soon he's not even going to want me at all. AND his hair is starting to get darker, I've always thought he would end up with dark hair like his dad but I'm just not ready for it to happen quite yet. The thought of not having a blonde baby boy almost makes me want to cry.

I'm not as concerned about Lydia growing up, girls tend to stick a little closer to there mommies. But she is growing up so fast too. She has a bit of an attitude which I'm told is fairly typical for a girl. Kirby thinks it's because she gets told how wonderful she is all the time! Maybe so, but I just can't look at that face without telling her how beautiful she is multiple times a day, forgive me!

So, this is all just hitting me all of a sudden, and I'm a little sad that my babies aren't babies anymore. I guess maybe that means it's time for another!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean..isn't it just crazy how fast they change!! I think I had some of these same thoughts today as I was folding our lil guys laundry! :(

Unknown said...

Oh and was this your way of..trying to SHARE something?!?! :)

Kiley said...

Ooooooo'HILES! I SINK YOU NEED ANOZER BAYYYYBEEEE!