Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Applesauce in the Snow

Last night we had finished eating dinner, spaghetti, and the kids had applesauce in the little individual containers. It had been kind of a long day, I had two extra kids in the morning and Kirby had not been home all evening because of work and other commitments. My stress level was up there. So dinner was cleaned up, the kids were cleaned up, I was hoping they would play quietly for an hour so I could watch Glee. Ha.

Clae got into the fridge to get his drink and saw a container of applesauce and decided he wanted more. I said, "no." He said, "I want more applesauce." I said, "no." My son has a hard time taking no for an answer, I was at my limit and I was not backing down. A fit was being thrown by this point so I opened the door and threw the applesauce out into a big snow drift. The fit continued for the next 45 minutes because, of course, he wanted me to go out into the snow drift and get the applesauce and I, of course, was not going to do it.

I basically just let him have his fit and he finally calmed down, we watched a movie, everything was better, it was all over, so I put them to bed. We did our normal bedtime routine, they were tucked in, it was quiet in their room, I was breathing a sigh of relief...then..."I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE AND GET MY APPLESAUCE." I went into his room, I heard Kirby's truck pull in the driveway, I told him his dad was home and he was going to be in to take care of the situation.

Kirby went into his room. Clae tattled on me. Kirby went out and got the applesauce. Daddy is the hero and mommy is the lunatic who throws applesauce into the snow.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

LOL!!! I love this story! Thanks for sharing it, ya nut! =)